3/7/12

Only three months until life begins??

Have you ever had the feeling that you are just waiting for life to begin? I have often felt this way in the last five years since God called me to Madagascar. Contentment with where God currently has me has never come easy. I find myself thinking things like, life will really begin when I am accepted as a missionary with CEF. Life will really begin when I start raising support…when I am done raising support….when I finish internship…when I look out the window of the plane and see the beautiful red island under me. Life will really begin when I speak Gasy fluently and am able to begin ministry here. Life will really begin when…..
Yesterday a large brown envelope with my name written neatly on it was handed to me. The excitement grew as I learned that inside this envelope were the lessons I would be teaching at the Children’s Ministry Institute here in Madagascar this fall. Clutching the lessons tightly on the way home, I thought with delight about how much fun it will be to be teaching again. Then the fear popped up as I thought about all that would change/begin in just a few short months.
In just a few short months I will be able to focus on ministry instead of language learning. As the countdown begins (three months!) the anticipation grows as I think about being able to teach again. And then there is the fear that comes along as I wonder if my Malagasy will be where it needs to be by then. I am so thankful that God gives us the gifts and abilities we need to complete the work He has called us to! Please pray that I will fully embrace where God has placed me during these next three months: language learning. Pray that God will give me wisdom in how best to study. Praise God with me that He equips us for everything He has called us to do.

No comments: