8/9/11

5-Day Club

Wait….Did that really just happen?? Did I just understand an entire sentence of the lesson being taught??
Myself, Tatienne and four of the teens went to Tsiroanomandidy to teach two 5-Day Clubs at the end of July. Clubs were a great place to listen to Malagasy, as they are more at my level then adult conversations. The teens were also helpful as they would tell me about the stories they were going to tell on the way to club and teaching me some of the words I would hear. Short conversations with kids at club, comprehension during lessons, being able to have mouthed conversations with the teens from across the room, and laughing with them over a Malagasy conversation was encouraging.
The best part of the week was seeing the kids who came to club and watching God work in their lives and draw many of them to Himself. As I sat in club, I couldn’t believe how blessed we are that God has called us to reach these precious children.
The week was a challenging one as well as a good one. I saw things that broke my heart and things that filled me with anger at what was going on and the lies that the children were being made to believe. I returned to Antananarivo with my eyes opened to the great need for the Gospel here in Madagascar.
                                  One of the teens teaching the Missionary Story at one of the clubs.


These are the children who came to one of our clubs.

No comments: