11/16/11

My World Through the Eyes of Another

As Janet and I walked around the city, she snapped pictures like crazy. I was taken back in time to when I first arrived and everything was new and different; picture worth. Pausing along the way as Janet took another picture; I realized that this was now my world. I couldn’t even imagine having to return to the USA and leaving behind this country. These people, even the ones I just pass along the street, have touched my heart in a way I can’t describe except to say that God is working in my heart to make my heart’s desire match His. I am so thankful for each of you who support me through financial support and prayer. Since you are having such a big impact in my world, I thought you might want to catch of glimpse of what it looks like.

The name of the city nearest mine is written across the hill behind my house.
 



Rush hour traffic includes not just cars and taxis but cows and carts of all sorts as well. It is completely normal to be dodging cows also on their way home as I walk from Pastor D's house to the taxi stop in the evenings.


This is the beautiful captial city of Antananarivo, which is where I live.


This man is waiting for a taxi be with a bunch of baskets. The baskets will be sold and then are often filled with vegetables, produce, ducks or chickens that are being taken to market. The people carry these baskets on their heads.


This is one of the fruit stands where I often buy fruit.


This man pulls a cart around delivering various goods to different locations. These carts are often piled high and several men pull/push them.


This is the market closest to my house where I often buy vegetables. The people who run the stands are used to my halting Malagasy and have alot of fun talking (or trying to...) to me. :)
 Thank you for investing your resources into this beautiful world that God has called us to.

No comments: